About the Construction Chemicals industry
Construction chemicals are mainly used for speeding up the work in construction projects that are under development or in new projects to add strength and durability to the constructions. These chemicals are mixed in a variety of construction materials to increase productivity, increase performance, boost functionality, and to safeguard the components of a building. They are among the vital components that goes into constructing a building or structure.
Construction chemicals have become one of the essential components of the chemical industry playing an important role in global infrastructure development. The wide range of advantages of construction chemicals and improving construction practice across the construction industry would propel the growth of the European construction chemicals market in the following years.
The European construction chemicals market was valued at USD 15,936.44 million in 2020 and is expected to register a Compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of ~4.98% during the period of 2022-2027.
The Europe Construction Chemicals market is highly competitive and partly consolidated, with with the major players in most of the regions occupying a regional share of ~47-49%. The rest of the market is fragmented, the market players are SMSs without dominant players.
The growing construction activities and government investments in Europe and the increasing adoption of innovative construction are the primary market drivers. Increasing focus on sustainable materials is likely to act as opportunity for the market through the years to come.
In Europe, specific legislation and regulations are rapidly changing which is one of the biggest challenges faced by the market.
The European Federation for Construction Chemicals (EFCC) is committed to build a sustainable and competitive construction chemicals industry in Europe that is recognised for:
- encouraging that construction chemicals are manufactured in a sustainable, safe and re-sponsible manner and contribute to resource efficient solutions
- compliance with national and European legislation
- being a credible partner to deliver on the European Green Deal and the underlying Circular Economy Principles, thus creating a Sustainable Built Environment
- building long-term relationships, stimulating dialogue and cooperating with relevant stake-holders in European countries and world-wide
- strengthening the construction chemicals industry’s public image, foster its awareness and enhance trust in the industry.